Monday, January 08, 2007

Probably racism and blasphemy all wrapped up together

But what the heck, I will give you my true confession for the day.

I am working on a Web site with a very smart, together guy of Latino heritage whose name is Jesus. With the J pronounced like an h.

But when I type, "Questions for Jesus about Solar Thermal Research," I can't quit reading it as the name of Jesus Christ and therefore I can't quit laughing.

Although, you know, probably if I could get Jesus on the line about solar thermal he would have a lot of answers.

6 comments:

Victoria said...

rofl! I have always had a hard time with that name and the way it is written, I always think the parents must of thought very highly of their baby to name them that, or quite the ego? *rme*

Unknown said...

It's actually a very common name in Hispanic cultures and not considered weird or egotistical at all! It's just my reading of it that is all goofy!

Victoria said...

One of my friends in HS was Jesus and I remember him telling me his parents named him that because they believed it would save him. Your right though, I shouldn't assume it's ego, my bad. I did enjoy your post, that would be funny to think that way.

MaryRuth said...

hehehe... that made me giggle... but if you do get Him on the phone could you ask him a couple of questions for me... and believe me my questions are not about solar stuff.

p.s. if people don't know us they call us Joseph and Mary... my husband is Joseph and I'm MaryRuth... but if they don't know that they get really confused... ask the our wedding sealer... he couldn't figure out if we were joking or not... have heard the "you should have a little Jesus" joke many a time!

SalGal said...

My neighbors are Joseph & Mary, too! And we didn't know that when we invited them over for a Christmas thing with the missionaries... Tee hee!

Before I got my spanglish straight, I thought it was Gee-sus, too. Horribly uncomfortable until you move to CA and find out you were wrong all along!

SalGal said...

p.s. The little red envelope containing House, MD will be in my mailbox tomorrow. Proud?

And DUDE, my letter id is the same as it was for my last comment! Freaky...