Monday, January 08, 2007

Premenstrual thoughts from the morning shower

  • At age almost-36 and just about to get a Ph.D. from a barely-prestigious school, what kind of chance does my husband really have for an academic career? Would it make up for past missteps if he got a postdoc at a really hot place and worked really hard to get some publications done? Would I still have to work during that? Either way, how would I survive G working really long hours? I depend on him SO much.
  • The boys go back to school today. I'm bracing myself for the calls from the teacher telling me that S is acting up. I so wish we could just be home together all the time. In spite of my griping it really is better than listening to other people complain about my beloved babies.
  • How am I ever going to get morning exercise and scripture study done when Z likes to stay up until midnight and I have to be at work at 8:30?

I know there was something else that really bugged me when I thought about it in the shower this morning. It's gone now. Probably just as well.

5 comments:

SalGal said...

So much to pray about... I'll add it to my collection. Is he thinking of going somewhere else to get the Ph.D.? It may not mean much now, but how hot will it be later on to be one of the first to have gotten it there? Insight and (some other fancy word I can't think of at the moment) to go the school in its infancy before it was highly desired and trendy!

Sorry, my thinking is broken, multiple little people in the house today playing loudly!

Unknown said...

Not really possible to go elsewhere now ... I'm just trying not to think about it too much. Lalalalalalalala ...

WatchMeLoseWeight said...

Hugs Ana, I know that I can't help but I feel what you are feeling. Our lives are so up in the air right now and I am so scared because I haven't worked since my kids were born and while I am getting my school done... I have no real experience. Anyway... I didn't mean to turn it all about me, what I mean is, I understand how it feels to think about your future and be unsure.

Hugs,
Kate

MaryRuth said...

I love Prementrual thoughts... they're some of my best work!!

Good luck with everything... you've got a full plate. You rock!

MR

None said...

Check out Banshee PMS Alert where you can get a warning that a PMS bout is approaching.