Friday, January 12, 2007

Poppin' pills like House

Have I mentioned how I love that show? My pills are just ibuprofen, don't worry. And tomorrow likely I will not need them, and I will have lost 3 pounds of bloat. That's a good thing.

So I just need to puke up all my racing thoughts so I can get to work here. I have a boatload of work to do. In fact it might be good to pretend that I am in jail like House for a while, because really I should not blog. Oh, quiet over there, you know I will anyway. I bet people blog from prison all the time. That would be an interesting thing to investigate.

So at Z's parental visit yesterday I talked to the social worker. Good news first: the county has definitely decided to recommend that the judge bypass services. That's the best thing we can hope for at this point. The bad news is that court date scheduled for the 16th (where the judge can decide to bypass services) will likely be delayed because she is not done writing her report yet. RRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH ... I know delays are part of the game. But I keep forgetting.

Other scary crap: A sister of one of the alleged (incarcerated) fathers wants Z. They have to consider her. Even though the county is bypassing services, Z's mom can get her own services and will still have 6 months from the now-delayed hearing to prove that she has cleaned up. I never knew this. I thought bypassing services went automatically to TPR. And she is now in inpatient rehab.

Worst of all, best of all, she gave Z a very sweet card with a picture of her and Z together at the first parent visit when Z was only a week old, the one that nearly gave me a heart attack. And it is sweet. She's a person, darn it. How evil am I if I don't hope she can get her act together and make a good life for her baby? Why can't I be more like a Republican radio talk show host, all mean and hardnosed and callous, having no sympathy for people who make bad decisions in tough situations?

More pills, please. I have to get back to work.

7 comments:

Tandy said...

I don't know how you do it, what a rollercoaster! You're still in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you. A lot. This is such a heartwrenching story to follow, I can't imagine what it's like to actually live through it.

SalGal said...

House is in jail? I've only seen the first 8 episodes. Mehhh... it's ok. Have you seen Bones? I'm going for that next.

Unknown said...

Don't worry Sal ... it's so complicated that saying that doesnt even spoil it!

WatchMeLoseWeight said...

Hugs Ana, you are a great person! I hope it all works out!

Lisa M. said...

I love HOUSE.

I love BONES

I love JUSTICE.

It's so complicated. I have such little tolerance and little patience, for re-forming drug addicted mothers. I spent way too much time in the hospital watching babies suffer the effects of their mother's choices.

Even now, three years later, I gasp at the injustice of it all.

Yet, who am I to judge? It's all prespective isn't it?

I am sorry Ana, I hope that things work out.

Much affection-

Bek said...

Ana, I understand the dilema. You want to have Miss Z in your family but you also don't wish ill will to her mother...... hard. I wish you didn't have to pick sides but they way that the system is set up (and the nature of foster care) makes that the case. You know who's side I am on....

Prayers and hugs