Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I'm good

In case people were wondering ...

I am actually fine. I am not really put off by anti-adoption snipers, not when I really think about it. Sure, when I first read it my first reaction is, "I never should have made our story so public." But I don't think that's right. I share on purpose, because I believe it does some good. One or two negative people are not going to change that.

Plus, I recognize most anti-adoption people are probably speaking from very deep hurt and difficult personal experience. I don't want to discount what they have gone through and I don't want to disrespect adoptees or birthfamilies. Just the opposite. It is toxic for my kids if I can't respect other parts of the triad. (And if I have a hard time doing that sometimes, I work it out here, not with my kids. Which I think is a good thing, actually.)

But, like Bek said in her comment, their story is not my story or my kids' story. I expect them to respect that.

We had a nice visit with S today. She was 35 minutes late. It gave me a good chance to chat with the social worker, who reminded me S has a long way to go before she is ready to take Z back -- seeing as how she is still in an inpatient clinic, lacking transportation, and not really able to keep it together when things don't appear to be going her way-- and everything will still be up to the judge. Which is absolutely true. A judge can still decide that Z's life is just not something to gamble with.

So I'm still up here on my balance beam, but I have a very cheeky, cute baby to focus on to keep from falling. And really appreciating all the support from dear friends.

In other news, I ate at a new restaurant for lunch with my co-workers. It's not online, but it's called Madison's. Thai-continental fusion. I had warm coriander beef salad with snap peas and carrots. Faaaaaaabulous. Come visit me, I'll take you out. You too, anon. For lunch, I mean. Really.

5 comments:

Jen said...

(((((Hugs))))) You're an example to follow girl! Okay, your assignment for our next road trip is to find a Thai restaurant. I've never had Thai restaurant food, dh would never go for it, and you make it sound so yummy!

Kari said...

Yet another reason why I love you. I love your optimism and finding the good in things!!!

SalGal said...

Let's go, Banana! That salad is making me drool...

Bek said...

That salad is making ME drool. I wanted to ask you about the Picnic Day and Multicultural childrens fair I read about in the AAA magazine this month... is it cool? We might come down that weekend. What else is there to do down your way?

Glad things are going well. You are the best.

Cindy said...

Hi Ana, remember me? :-) I read my kids a library book the other day that made me think of you. It is such a sweet book- I think you will love it. It is called "A mother for Choco" by Keiko Kasza.

I really admire your strength through all of this.