So I have learned some good food lessons in the last week, and I thought I'd share.
1. Those dried blueberries from Costco ROCK in my oatmeal. Thank you, mom! I need a Costco membership now in spite of the fact that I know full well I cannot go in that store without spending $150.
2. You can make egg rolls in the oven for your Chinese New Year celebration (photo). They are not the same as deep fried, of course, but they are still good.
3. You can rescue overcooked pork chops if you have about 8 hours to do it. Plop them in the crock pot on low all day with some barbecue sauce.
4. If you find some really old Rhodes rolls in the back of your freezer, just don't bother. The yeast in mine worked about like a 90 year old man before Viagra.
5. The chocolate chip cookie recipe in The Best Light Recipe from Cook's Illustrated is honestly better than the full-fat Betty Crocker recipe I normally make. SO good. Chewy on the edges, soft in the middle.
6. G makes amazing lemon bars.
7. I can gain 3 pounds in one weekend from egg rolls, cookies, lemon bars, and whatever else I ate.