Friday, September 30, 2005

Lonely junior

I was all jazzed about moving upstairs. It's still going to be cool. That office is freaking huge.

What I didn't realize, though, was how haunted this building was going to feel after everybody else moved out.

There are now only four of us left working here, and it's going to be that way for a few weeks, until we move upstairs and HR and some other offices move in.

On the positive side, I can now, with impunity ...

- Eat chili garlic tofu for lunch without worrying about offending my office mate, who has moved to campus

- Play music a little louder while I work (old Tori Amos for now, Spoon in a minute)

- Make phone calls in relative privacy

- Burn a candle

It's still going to be a weird few weeks.

"Solitude stands by the doorway ..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They should paint the walls a warm stony color... not tan but not creme. And some nice art work. Maybe some sconces.

Unknown said...

It's so funny you should say that, because upstairs in my new office the walls are a buttery creme, and BRICK RED. So pretty! I sure hope they keep it that way!