Friday, September 16, 2005

Corner office!

There's often some confusion about where I actually work. Our people are a bit spread out. Some are on campus, about 5 miles northeast of Merced. Some are up in the former engineering building at the former Castle Air Force Base. Some are at our centers in Fresno and Bakersfield.

My group, for now, is in this gorgeous historic building in Downtown Merced. Formerly the home of the Bank of Italy, then various medical and dental offices, it's now fully restored and rechristened as the Mondo Building. County Bank is on the first floor and various UC folks work upstairs. Oh, you wanna stalk me? Bring it on. Pbbbbbbbbbbbt.

Most of my group will move to campus at the end of the month. The offices on the third floor of the library are not big enough for all of us. Space on campus will be at a premium for a while yet. So some of us -- yes, that means me, since I'm the most junior PIO in the group -- will stay at Mondo. My director and vice chancellor feel bad about this ... but there was really nothing anyone could do do get more space on campus.

And yesterday, I learned something that makes it all cool. See that corner staring at you from the third floor? That's gonna be my new space. It's currently the chancellor's office. I'll be sharing with the graphic designer, which is fine. That space is honestly big enough for four or five people at least. I'm gonna have to sneak up and see HOW MANY windows are in that room. A bunch, for sure. I'm thinking at least four, possibly five of those sets of two windows.

So, SWEET! Corner office, baby!

4 comments:

Caroline said...

sorry, this is off topic, but where in CA do you live? I'm in Irvine. I've been reading and enjoying your comments on FMH.

Caroline said...

ok, hello. I just read your post and now know where you are. oops.

Lisa M. said...

Very beautiful!

I am so jealous of your life!

Unknown said...

Teehee, thanks ladies,

Lisa, you would not be jealous if you saw it a little closer. My life, not the building. Trust me!