Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Foolproof sleepytime music

1. Lullaby - Singers Unlimited
2. Puff (The Magic Dragon) - Peter, Paul and Mary
3. My Father - Judy Collins
4. Skye Boat Song - King's Singers
5. The Little Horses - Kathleen Battle
6. Dreamer - Toni Childs
7. Corcovado (Quiet Nights Of Quiet Stars) - Stan Getz
8. The Nearness Of You - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
9. A Child Is Born - Singers Unlimited
10. Rain, Rain Beautiful Rain - Ladysmith Black Mambazo
11. Is My Family - John McCutcheon
12. St. Judy's Comet - Paul Simon
13. All Through The Night - King's Singers
14. Stay Awake - Harry Connick, Jr.
15. La Petite Poule Blanche / Fais Do Do - Michael Doucet & Family...
16. Fais Do Do - Kathleen Battle
17. The Long Way Home - Norah Jones
18. Family Garden - John McCutcheon
19. Train In The Distance - Paul Simon
20. Golden Slumbers - King's Singers
21. Rock Me To Sleep - Willie Nelson
22. In the Sweet By and By - Dolly Parton
23. Why Should I Cry For You - Sting

Blogged from within Rhapsody as a test! Not perfect (I had to edit) but not too bad ...

And the little connivers are FINALLY asleep! They were on one tonight!

2 comments:

jamie said...

If I were still teaching I would create a cd with those songs on it! My favorite naptime cd last year, actually the only one I used, was a cheapy called "Guitar Classics" (classical guital) that I picked up at best buy one day. The previous three years I used, with daily success, Martha Stewarts Sleepytime Baby CD

Tracklist:
1: Baby Mine - Alison Krauss
2: Blackbird - Kenny Rankin
3: Out Of The Woods - Nickel Creek
4: Take My Breath Away - Tuck & Patti
5: Home - Jenny Bruce
6: Birds And Ships - Billy Bragg/Natalie Merchant
7: Close To You - Barenaked Ladies
8: Common Thread - Bobby McFerrin
9: Infinite Eyes - Keb' Mo'
10: Which Will - Lucinda Williams
11: Love Is Strange - Everything But The Girl
12: Come Away To Sea - David Wilcox
13: Over The Rainbow - Eva Cassidy
14: Good Night - Linda Ronstadt

Anonymous said...

You're going to be burning this CD for me, right? ;-)

I really like Kenny Loggins' version of St. Judy's Comet. Haven't heard Simon's though, so that could change. Another good one by James Taylor is "Sweet Baby James". I looooooooove that song.