Friday, August 24, 2007

Combo frenzy

I've given you salmon recipes. (Gosh, actually only one salmon recipe. That is weird considering how much salmon we eat.) I've given you mae ploy curry recipes. But I have never given you both together. It's time.

G thought this was too spicy. I thought, mmmmmm, gimme more!

Red curry and orange glazed salmon

2 large servings salmon fillet

1 tbsp mae ploy red curry paste
1/4 c orange marmalade
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp vegetable oil

Heat your broiler to high. Mix everything except the salmon together and spread it over the salmon. Broil until done.

And on the side:

Sweet and sour chopped salad

1 cucumber, diced
1 carrot, sliced diagonally
1/4 a small red onion, diced small
1 c mukimame (shelled edamame soybeans), cooked and cooled
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1-2 tbsp sugar
salt to taste

Jus' mix it all together.

It's an entire superfoods supper! Just for you!

I just had the leftovers for lunch. It still gets a thumbs up from me, although I am starting to see what G meant about the spiciness of the salmon.

No comments: