Monday, August 07, 2006

Strawberry tigger

I only have one stripe, but believe me, if someone should happen to touch it, I will not just bounce, I will ROCKET. Darn tankini gap. But if that's the price for a perfect day, I'll take it.

The beach on Saturday with Sal and family was probably the fourth best day of my life so far, after my wedding and two adoption sealings. We decided to take it somewhat easy in the morning and didn't get there until about noon. Perfect because any earlier would have been booty-freezing cold.

All afternoon we dug, splashed, hunted shells, read magazines, talked, and munched snacks. I rocked the boogie board and earned new respect from G. He didn't think I would be either brave enough or coordinated enough to do it. I showed him! Sal and I decided if we could do that regularly we would get real skinny real fast. Because it is not easy running out into the waves up to your chest, but it is so fun we would never miss a day.

In the evening we built a fire (in an approved pit) and discovered that if you put dried-up kelp in a hot fire it will POP! And if you can get a popped one out of there it smells like marshmallows!

We also discovered that seagull carcasses are like magnets for small boys. EW EW EW EW EW!!! Smart Sal brought disinfecting wipes. Thank heaven for that.

But I don't know what could be more delightful than watching your children splash in the ocean and run free on the sand. Bliss.

3 comments:

SalGal said...

I know what's more perfect! It's camping overnight and having a moonlit walk on the beach with our Honeys. And smores. Without bamboo skewers.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.