Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Bona fide

Okay, so actually we are certified, not bona fide. But not certifiable either, at least not yet. And you know, I had to get a little O Brother reference in there.

(Somebody give me a new movie ... I have my O Brother and Napoleon quotes all worn out and I can't get Nacho Libre on DVD yet to learn it sufficiently well.)

The first half of our CPR/First Aid training for foster parenting was tonight. I am pleased to say it was significantly more interesting than the foster parenting class. And I kind of bonded to my little Baby Anne mannequin (or manny-kin, as our formerly-Mormon instructor pronounced it). She was awful cute, although the tube in the mouth and the open neck mechanism were a bit disturbing.

While we were gone the sweet little babysitter put away our rinsed but not washed dishes, and did not put our children to bed. We got home at 9:50. What was she thinking? And yet I will have her babysit again tomorrow night because she is my only babysitter who can work on a school night. She is homeschooled. Very convenient.

In other news, the ebay book sale went pretty darned well. Thanks to any blog friends who bought.

And finally, it is time for me to get to bed.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

One of my biggest pet peeves is sitters who don't take bedtime seriously! It was awfully nice of her to put those dishes away *smirk*.