Monday, August 28, 2006

Cool little things, a list

  • I won the contest! I won the contest! If you are not playing the games at Charmed Designs you really should. You can win beee-youtiful things! Super cool!
  • My workplace is making its first foray into blogging. It is very cool, and I can say so because it was not my idea. My co-worker got this done and I am so pleased for her.
  • I have a great idea. Crazy great. I want to design my own Master's program in science writing here at my university of employment. I would start when G finishes his Ph.D. in a year and a half or so. Would that not be so cool? I could get it done while G does a postdoc. We would be oh so academic. DH said I "would be hot sh**" which I have to say made me feel pretty cool. (This, by the way, is how I get myself into those hyperventilating situations. Too many crazy great ideas.)
  • We have now done pretty much everything we can do toward our foster parenting license and are just waiting for our FBI background check to come back. Then we do a homestudy and we will be ready to take placement. I'm hoping to have it complete by October. Moving fast? Cool.
  • This weekend I made master lists of everything I need to shop for, clean out, organize and prepare for the next wave of kids. Lists always make me feel better. That's also cool. Feeling better, I mean. The fact that I need lists to do so is actually pretty much nerdy, but I'm okay with that.

4 comments:

SalGal said...

I am a list-making freak!!! No wonder we're such good friends. I think that's a fabulous idea, writing your own program. You go, girl!

Lisa M. said...

WOO WOO WOO

That is really neat.

What did you win? I'll have to check it out!

Nesting. *grin* That is awesome.

Remember we have a date in September. DOn't you dare buy a cradle.

Unknown said...

Not buying a cradle. How big a baby can fit in it? I have never used a cradle before. I'm so excited!

Kristine said...

Congratulations on the contest win. I'm still avidly checking her website for a contest I can win. I was actually the first e-mailer for that Sunday contest. I guess I am a little anxious to have some beautiful jewelery made by Dana.

How exciting to move forward with a master's program. I love that you have that opportunity available.

Here's hoping that the next few weeks go quickly while you are waiting for your background check to clear. (We have close friends here doing the same thing, at the same stage in their adoption process).