Friday, April 11, 2008

Um, hi out there

Folks, my google analytics numbers are through the roof (I had a low roof), and it's all about that Oprah's Church post.

I want to say welcome to the folks who are new here and thanks for the respectful tone from the couple of new commenters who happen to disagree with some things I said. (My friends are allowed to disagree disrespectfully ... to a point!)

There are a couple of things I want to say, given the idea that more people than I thought may be reading that post - people who don't know me. Just wanna be clear.
  1. In addition to several evangelical Christians who have scared me, I have known several who were kind and good examples of the faith. I don't want to paint with a broad brush when I shouldn't. I know there are good and bad "apples" in every denomination - certainly including my own, sadly enough.
  2. If anybody shows up to tell me that I'm going to hell, please just don't. The comments so far have been passionate but respectful. Let's keep it that way.
  3. If anybody's thinking about telling their neighbor they're going to hell for whatever thing they do (being Mormon like me, or watching Oprah, or whatever) please just don't. Your neighbor is likely to be a lot like me in that I tend to tune out that kind of warning and lose respect for the messenger.

No comments: