Okay, my new reader-friend SelosMini tagged me for an easy 8-things post.
1. I am better at vision than I am at follow-through. Lots of big ideas. Not enough time, energy or organization to do them all.
2. I need a 12-step program for my obsessive reading problem. Just about any book is a can't-putter-downer for me.
3. I rock the kitchen. I experiment and generally come up with good results. It helps a lot that I have an excellent cleaner-upper who works for his healthy, delicious meals. Thank you, G!
4. I do not enjoy hot weather. It makes me cranky and stinky. You are glad, very glad, that you were not around at the 4th of July picnic yesterday when we had been there for 5 hours and the baby needed a nap and it was 105 degrees.
5. I am escaping the Central Valley heat and going to Alaska in 26 days. I have been dreaming about salmon grilled with lemon and brown sugar, and beer-battered halibut. I totally can't wait for this!
6. Sometimes I look at my kids when they are asleep and love them so much it hurts, so much that I start to get a little freaked out and paranoid about bad things happening to them. That is when I know it is time to go fold mountains of laundry and watch TV.
7. I'm a working-outside-the-home mommy with two sons and two foster kids and a grad-student husband. No pets, thank heaven, besides the miracle goldfish and the minnow 8-year-old S caught in the river yesterday. Right now, I am just not ready to go home and face the chaos. But I will.
8. I hate asking people to do things. Like, to the point where I usually end up doing things myself because of my weird social phobia. So I'm not tagging anyone. But if you'd like to pick this up, feel free.