Thursday, July 26, 2007

Another big fat idea

As if it were not enough that I have less than one week to prepare for a 12-day trip to Alaska with four children (we got K's travel order! Woohoo!) ...

As if it were not enough that school starts the day after we get back ...

As if it were not enough that I still have a very full time job wherein my boss is out of town and my co-worker abandoned me (albeit for very good reasons) and I am essentially doing three people's jobs if not more (because we were understaffed to begin with) ...

I have a great idea.

I think it would be cool for Z and S, and helpful for me, to have some kind of occasion to mark Z going back to S when it happens. Probably around Aug. 14. Some kind of memorable thing. Whether it is a quiet ceremony similar to an adoption placement ceremony, or whether we invite all the people who care about Z (a lot) to mix and mingle at a reunification celebration of some kind.

Not that I am going to feel much like celebrating. But I think it would be good for me if there were some recognition of the occasion. And I don't think anybody is going to do it if I don't do it.

Think I can plan it? Think I can execute it? Those are definitely two different things.

3 comments:

SalGal said...

I'll bring birthday, I mean, reunification salad!!!!

*Marie* said...

It sounds like a very healing event.

Lucy said...

It sounds so great but it's still got to be so hard for you. I hope for the absolute best for Z. You are truly showing Christ-like love throughout this entire situation. From your open heart and home, your patience, your flexibility, your desire for the best thing for all of your children. It's inspiring.