Thursday, December 07, 2006

First thing

The first thing anybody notices about baby Z is her eyelashes. That was the first thing the nurses at the hospital even said to me when I went to pick her up -- "Wait until you see her eyelashes!" They really are incredibly long and pretty! (I figure it is safe to show you just eyelashes, don't you think?)

As I think back, this was actually true for my boys, as well. S had these curly, black eyelashes that just arrested people. Well, that, and his ears. For some reason people noticed his ears. Little old ladies would always say, "Look how his ears lie so nice and flat to his head!"

A has girly eyelashes to this day. Just absolutely luxurious fringe around his deep, dark eyes.

Good to know Z could hold her own in an eyelash-batting contest around here, if it came to that. She's far more likely to have to compete in a belching contest, but as it happens, she is pretty darn good at that, too.

5 comments:

Kristine said...

I've been so anxious to see if any pictures of any kind would make it onto the blog, Ana. You've satisfied the desire to see just a peek of baby "Z"! Thanks so much...and those eyelashes ARE beautiful!!

Utahdoula said...

You could post baby feet pictures, too. I love baby feet.

Lisa M. said...

I've been out of town, and am JUST catching up.

Oh congrats on baby Z.

She is beautiful, and I imagine she is finding her spot with you.

I can answer some questions about RSV. At her birth weight, she should be fine. It is recommended here in UT that if ia child is under 5 lbs or has a history of a compromised imune system... then you might need to fret.

I would go with your gut instinct.

I am just really really thrilled for you, and we'll pray with you for the next six weeks.

I am sure the ups and downs are very hard, though I haven't experienced them before for myself.

I think your Grandma Zu sounds fantastic. How neat.

I just wish the best for you Ana.

I'm all smiles.

(Oh and I agree with you Meth, is Satan, it is unbeleivable. And the laws are simular here in Utah, as well, with babies who test positive. Also, IF a mother gives the NICU or hospital pumped breast milk.. the milk can be tested and the parents arrested)

Tammy said...

I LOL'd about the belching... you go Z!!!!

Bug has amazingly long lashes too. They're beautiful (and I can say that because I cannot, do not take credit for her amazing beauty!!!). In fact, the first words the Doc said in the delivery room was "look at those lashes!!!" Not "it's a girl!" Bug's first mom had to ask if she was a boy or girl.

It's all about the lashes. And Z is gorgeous! And I am loving this, following life with you and Z! THanks for sharing your journey! You make me want to "woo" Hubby to "try" again... Hmmm...

Bek said...

Cubby still holds the lash record in our family. Poor Norah doesn't apprear to have ANY lashes....maybe she can borrow Jacobs? Or Z's?

She is a beautiful, beautiful baby. I want you to put bows in that hair.....every day!! Just because you can. :-)