Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Music Wednesday

It's pretty much a good thing I don't have any extra money right now, because I wouldn't know where to put it.

There's new music out by lots of artists who, in a more carefree time, always merited my CD money. And I've recently found a passel of new musicians to like and listen to.

For serious, Jack Johnson, Sheryl Crow, and Lenny Kravitz all have new albums right now. I am loving Ben Harper, Ari Hest (I know, I told you that already, a few times), SiA, Sara Bareilles, Cat Power, Amos Lee, and all the rest you will see in my list at bottom right.

What to do, what to do ... oh yeah, keep listening to all I want for a measly $12/month on Rhapsody.

The more pressing question: which would I have voted for if they were all in a Screamer of the Week contest*? Sigh. Little waver girl, all grown up and probably boring.

*I actually cast my Screamer of the Week votes between December 1988 and Julyish 1989 at 100.7 "Double X" WXXP in Pittsburgh. Scream if you remember me calling over and over for "Suedehead" by Morrissey!

No comments: