Wednesday, April 18, 2007

When you're weary, feeling small

It's one of those weight of the world days.

I am continuing upset over Virginia Tech. I have no personal right to this, no personal loss involved, no personal connection to anyone there. But I work at a university campus, vulnerable. My kids are in school classrooms, vulnerable. And nobody can prevent somebody from going crazy. It's overwhelming.

I read some very disturbing, racist comments by the governor of Colorado about illegal immigration that have added to the pit of sick in my stomach over the last couple of days.

And this morning I had to say no to a foster placement. A two year old girl with HIV needs a home, just until Sunday. It would involve lots of driving (down to the children's hospital about an hour away) and training. And I just can't do all that right now. If she were here in town I would be lobbying to take care of her, since it's just for a few days. But there is not enough of me for this, not right now. And it breaks my heart.

Do you ever wish Jesus would just hurry up and come back and fix all this crap?

6 comments:

Lisa M. said...

I CONCUR !

Melessa Gregg said...

Yes, I'm waiting anxiously

Kristine said...

Oh Ana, it is hard.
Sometimes it feels as if there is little we can do other than just be the best we can...and hope we remain safe.
I long for the day that Christ will come again...

Victoria said...

Hugs Ana! It has been an emotional and hard week, and I am sorry for what you are dealing with. {{hugs}}

Michelle Alley said...

Ana - I found your link off of Julie's blog. It's so great to see such a lovely person doing so much good! I was adopted from foster care at 3 and my brother at 4. We also adopted twin girls from Russia in 2002 and are working on our 2nd adoption right now. You are an inspiration to me. And I look forward to reading your blog. Michelle

Denise said...

Do I ever wish that? Oh, yeah. Every. single. day.