Monday, April 23, 2007

Just some randomness

  • It is really too cold to wear a dress with no stockings. But I shaved yesterday, and darned if I'm not going to get some mileage out of it. I am dressed like it's July. We might hit 90 degrees by the end of this week. Then I will have to shave and wear a dress again. It's the only way to go in the heat.
  • Three cheers for a husband who cleaned the bathrooms for me on Friday. That allowed me time Saturday to do some chores that sorely needed doing, but never get done normally -- cleaning out my closet and washing the outsides of the kitchen cabinets. It's amazing how much housework is like triage for me.
  • I also gave in to the planting urge on Saturday. I put in tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers and a pumpkin plant. Also a geranium and some ivy in a big pot, some herb seeds, and marigolds and petunias. All this in two hours between getting home from OSH (5 PM) and the start of a nice, big rainstorm. Speed gardening! I'm pleased, though; the rain should give all those baby green things a really good start. I just have to watch out for slugs and snails (YUCK!)
  • Yesterday A and I were invited into the teenagers' Sunday School class as part of a lesson about becoming as a little child. A is really a great example of what Christ was talking about when he said this -- so affectionate and obedient and eager to please. As a bonus, I think A learned something. He was telling G later about how Jesus wants the teenagers to be like little children. S said, "Why didn't he tell them to be like ME?" G and I stifled our guffaws, barely.
That's all ...

No comments: