Friday, July 21, 2006

What would you do with $408?

I would pay for the privilege of keeping my house cool for the last month. Well, I might do something else with it if I had a choice, but I have no choice now. No joke.

So I guess I better use my time this weekend to change the furnace filter, hang up my unused clothesline, fix the blinds on my west-facing windows, and maybe even cover the south-facing bathroom windows somehow.

Last summer was not this expensive and I'm trying to figure out why.

Crap, I can't believe we owe that much.

2 comments:

Lisa M. said...

Oh dear! That is high! The unbeleivable costs of energy, are killing us. I am sorry!

SalGal said...

OH. MY. CRAP. That is like, our food budget for the month! You poor things! Come over here. Our a/c's on all the time and I paid $33 for last month. I would check and see if they did an actual meter read because if it's that far off... something's screwy!