Thursday, July 13, 2006

Belatedly, the chairs

So people keep pestering me to post a picture of my dining set. As if I actually finished the projects that I start! Hahahahaha! Seriously, I once heard that the last ten percent of any project is the hardest part. That is certainly true for me. I have sanded, painted, antiqued and sanded again, on most of this dining set. I have also re-covered the seat cushions. I still need to antique and sand off the table, and actually screw on the seats of the chairs.

Right now when you sit on these chairs you had better sit straight and you had better sit still, because otherwise you and your upholstered seat cushion will go flying.

Actually, maybe I should leave at least two of them unscrewed, considering whom I eat dinner with every night.

Anyway, presenting the chairs. Before and after. Ta-da!

Before
After

7 comments:

the princess said...

i love, love, LOVE the new chair!! what a difference paint and some material makes. oh, ana, you are so talented!!

Staci :) said...

Wow, I LOVE the after shot!

Anonymous said...

But you haven't said if you're HAPPY with how they've turned out.... are you?

Unknown said...

I am pretty happy with them. I am still worried that by doing this (making a garage sale set presentable) I have decreased my chances of ever getting a beautiful wood set like I REALLY want. But such is life.

Allison said...

Beautiful!

Heather O. said...

Wow, that is the COOLEST thing I've ever seen done with chairs. You don't need a new set--it looks like the one you are making is beautiful enough.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.