Sunday, July 09, 2006

Weekend muffins

So I overbought the bananas. Salgal is a banana bread pro, but I'm more a muffin kinda girl. And you know, I have this thing for flax and oats. So here's what I did yesterday.

Banana Muffins with Oats and Flax

1 c sugar
1/2 c vegetable oil
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 c flour
1 c oats
1/2 c flax meal
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin tins for 18 regular-size muffins (grease or use muffin papers). If you don't have a 6-muffin tin, you will need to fill the remaining wells in your second 12-muffin tin half full of water to avoid warping your tin.

Combine all wet ingredients well. Add dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake 25 minutes.

4 comments:

SalGal said...

You should not have posted this today. Or for the next few days, for that matter. Because I just bought THE BEST DAMN STRAWBERRIES IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE EVER AND I'M MAKING JAM WITH THEM, BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Of course, it is Sunday, and I shouldn't have, but I was in Grass Valley. And I could smell them from the road..

SalGal said...

I hope I can just use 2 bananas. That's all I've got!

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
» »

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
» » »