Monday, January 09, 2006

Diet buster

I have made two batches of this in the last two days. My excuse: My skinny 6 year old needs the calories. And I have to, you know, make sure it's safe to eat and everything.

Peanut Butter Popcorn

12 c air-popped popcorn

1/4 c butter, very soft
1/2 c light corn syrup
1/2 c brown sugar
Pinch salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c peanut butter

Combine butter, corn syrup and brown sugar in a large, glass bowl. Whisk to combine. Microwave on high 3 minutes. Stir in salt, vanilla and peanut butter. Microwave on high 1 more minute. Pour over popcorn and stir to coat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just bought yourself a one-way ticket to hell, Missy! Stop thinking up stuff like this!!!

Unknown said...

Well, once I get there I can probably save up some cash and get back. I bet the food there sucks, so I probably won't want to stay.