- Joaquin Phoenix in I Walk the Line (the rest of the movie, okay, but only Joaquin inspires gratitude)
- My in-laws, who are never as scary in person as I think they are going to be when I'm anticipating a visit
- Our new mattress getting delivered at 6 p.m., thanks to my in-laws' generosity
- Waking up gently at 5:45 a.m. this morning, before the 5:50 alarm jarred me off the edge of the bed
- Having my workout behind me for the day
- A peaceful, loving marriage
- Knowing that in a week I will be done singing all the outrageously high material the ward choir director chose for Christmas this year
- No dead car batteries or lost keys (I've busted the Monday losing streak I was on!)
- Weighing in under a significant milestone this morning (a losing streak I want to stay on)
- Being done with my Christmas shopping -- DONE!
- Having all the ingredients for fish fajitas in the fridge
Monday, December 12, 2005
Today I am thankful for ...