Monday, December 05, 2005

Graham shanties

Tonight I learned:

- A pastry bag may double as a fire hose if you are imagining you are Billy Blazes

- I do not have to freak out when this happens

- Necco wafers are an excellent disguise for shoddy roof construction

- My dear husband thinks dried apricots belong on grahambread houses. I married this guy???

- Royal icing: actually kind of yummy if you eat it before it's dry, and don't try to tell me any of this crap about salmonella, you and I both know it's on the shell of the egg

- I do not know when to stop sticking candy on. Guess which shanty is mine?

- My hyperactive 6yo shows amazing patience decorating a graham shanty. Sugar is involved, after all.

- We all still love sugar, including me (shhhhhhhhhhhhh)

Feliz Navidad! Jose Feliciano is blasting over here!

P.S.: You can do this project for less than $5 if you have a good 99 cent store like we do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, you talked me into it. I'm heading to the 99-cent store for candy. Darn you, Ana! Darn you!! ;-)