Tonight I learned:
- A pastry bag may double as a fire hose if you are imagining you are Billy Blazes
- I do not have to freak out when this happens
- Necco wafers are an excellent disguise for shoddy roof construction
- My dear husband thinks dried apricots belong on grahambread houses. I married this guy???
- Royal icing: actually kind of yummy if you eat it before it's dry, and don't try to tell me any of this crap about salmonella, you and I both know it's on the shell of the egg
- I do not know when to stop sticking candy on. Guess which shanty is mine?
- My hyperactive 6yo shows amazing patience decorating a graham shanty. Sugar is involved, after all.
- We all still love sugar, including me (shhhhhhhhhhhhh)
Feliz Navidad! Jose Feliciano is blasting over here!
P.S.: You can do this project for less than $5 if you have a good 99 cent store like we do!