Monday, January 28, 2008

Give me some words

For a child who is extremely nervous about the possibility of serving a mission. He does not at all like the thought of leaving home for anything, especially not for two years with almost no contact. Well, OK, he is still interested in the military, but I don't know if he realizes he has to leave home for that, too. All I've said about that is that I expect him to go to college first.

I tell him over and over that it is his choice and no one is going to make him go on a mission. He still thinks I am going to make him go. I honestly don't know why he thinks that, or how he thinks I am going to force him to be a missionary when I can't even force him to eat his veggies.

Is he getting pressure from other quarters? I don't like that.

On the other hand, I hate for him to make up his mind against it when he really doesn't have to make a decision for 11 more years, at least.

1 comment:

*Marie* said...

Wow, that's a scary thought. I wonder what he is so afraid of. . .