Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Side salad

Here's what I was making tonight when the reporter called. We had it with some wild salmon I got today at Costco, which was just sauteed with salt and pepper in a skillet.

(I am experimenting with not buying farmed salmon. Wild does taste different, maybe better. Costs more. Sigh. But I hear it is more responsible. I still have to find out why.)

Thai Tomato Peanut Salad

4 ripe tomatoes - different colors if you can get them - cut in eighths
1/4 c Thai lime and chili peanuts (from Trader Joe's)
Juice of 1/2 lime
2 tsp oil
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
pinch salt

Mix it, eat it. Yummy.

It reminded me a little bit of the bizarro PB&T (yes, that is peanut butter and tomato) sandwiches my mom used to eat when I was a little kid. She was pretty much pregnant all the time, so don't think too weirdly of her.

No comments: