Monday, October 15, 2007

Carrot of fortune

We went to lunch today for a co-worker's birthday. I do always love that. I had some very lovely sushi, which might surprise some people. Yes, you can get some very decent sushi where I live. We are only a couple of hours from the coast, after all.

The main reasons to eat sushi, of course, are two-fold: wasabi and pickled ginger.

Anyway, I got the dumbest fortune cookie ever. It read, "A carrot a day may keep cancer away."

What in the name of all holy root vegetables kind of fortune is that?

Nonetheless, I am having carrots for my afternoon snack.

2 comments:

{krista} said...

Sorry, but you have it all wrong... the two main reasons to eat sushi are Wasabi and Firecracker sauce.

Pickled ginger scares me just a lot... LOL

I LOVE LOVE LOVE sushi, (even my girls like sushi) and believe it or not, we have some pretty good sushi here in podunk Id-a-ho, too! In fact, my dh can make a mean sushi himself! YUM!!!

Unknown said...

Next time we have a sistas party we are going to have to drag everybody to a sushi place! It would be fun!!