Here's what's cool in my world lately.
- Jack FM. Today I have heard Aerosmith, the Pet Shop Boys, Bruce Springsteen, New Order, Concrete Blonde and Journey. It's possible I will get sick of this station. But it seems unlikely. It's also hilarious that they make a big deal about not taking requests and this whole bad attitude thing. Very fun. Play me some good old Elvis Costello and I'm yours forever, Jack. But you know, only if you want to.
- Pound Plus dark Belgian chocolate from Trader Joe's. I bought it on Sunday. But I was traveling, and I was buying dinner anyway, and I don't get to TJ's that often. Trader Joe's, are you listening? We need you in my town. Get in while the getting is good!
- Jarlsberg cheese for $3.50/pound at Costco. I used this to make a delectable quiche for my girlfriends in Park City last weekend. I swear it made all the difference in the world. It was dang good, if I do say so.
- While we are on the subject of Costco, let's talk about those ginormous bags of pine nuts. The price is really incredible -- I can't remember exactly how much they cost but I am sure it was between $10 and $12. And you sprinkle some on your grilled chicken or veggies, maybe along with some Parmesan cheese and/or capers, and suddenly it is all oh so gourmet.
- The new pomegranate smoothie at Jamba Juice. Yummy, yummy, cool and smooth. It is so hot here already. Jamba is my favorite summertime lunch.
- The disposable baby spoons now made by The First Years. Seriously, such a good idea, and so much cheaper than buying new regular baby spoons, since I cannot find the once I used for the boys to save my life. And also, those were all stained with sweet potatoes and stuff.
- Family Web sites at myfamily.com. We are having a blast with this in our family! And we're using their beta version, so it's free, at least for the moment. You should so do it!