Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Scary sick

My dear friend, visiting teacher and YW president was in the hospital 2 weeks ago with what I thought was a really really bad flu. Well tonight at Mutual I found out it was actually ... ta-dah, E. COLI! From the spinach! Holy crap!

But this is the really bad, scary part: Now her baby girl has caught it. E is only 14 months old and about the cutest thing in the world. She is in the hospital. They have been able to keep her hydrated but not treat her with antibiotics becase it will somehow attack her organs. I don't really understand it but it is very, very scary!

Anyway if you have a moment in your prayers please add baby E in California. I just love this wonderful baby and her mommy and want them to be all better and past this nightmare!

In the meantime I am scheming to stop at their house on the way home from work tomorrow and take away all their dirty laundry and bring it back clean and folded in the morning. Knowing my friend there will probably not be very much. But I really want to do something ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blessings, blessings, blessings for your friend and for Baby E! May healing be theirs, and may Life move in them as autumn breeze through graceful trees.