Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween list

  • Crazy costumes at a work party (if I were less scrupulous I would post pictures of the boss in his hilarious, goofy wig. We have a good boss)
  • Frenzied preparations at home, including finding the Captain Jack shirt in the dryer at the last possible minute
  • Leaving a pan of canneloni uneaten on the counter -- darn lucky I remembered to take it out of the oven
  • Forgetting the plastic pumpkins and sending the boys around to do Trunk or Treat with my purse and camera case (the purse actually looked remarkably piratey, and the camera case was black enough to look okay for Zorro)
  • Handing out $25 worth of candy in 15 minutes at Trunk or Treat -- whew!
  • Boogieing boys in the costume parade (pictured, right)
  • Doing the twist with two enthusiastic boys who are miraculously not embarrassed to dance with Mama
  • S knocking A's Zorro hat off EVERY TIME he did the hokey pokey and turned himself about and A being a great sport
  • Two brothers running down our street, hats in hand, gleefully trick or treating

Halloween is over for another year. I worked my attitude and didn't get frustrated. It was fun. I'm glad the next one is a year away.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Halloween always seems to dish out a bucketload of stress for me too. Costuming kids alone is difficult, let alone taking them around to various places.

Very cute boys in costume there...good job!