Monday, September 25, 2006

Blips and blessings

S has already had two neurofeedback sessions -- one Saturday and one today.

I am flabbergasted at how fast they worked us in, how well they have gotten S started, and just the fact that this therapy is available in our little middla-nowhere town. Is it here just for us? Kind of like the free preschool S had the first year here when we were so po' and I was at the end of my rope ... and the perfect job for me that came out of nowhere just when we were about to sink completely financially ... and the Zionesque ward with the CTR 7 teacher who happens to be a children's counselor and an adoptive mom?

Since today's neurofeedback session we have had a trouble-free trip to Target, an easy time getting through the math homework, a fun Family Home Evening and an extraordinarily peaceful bedtime. Coincidence? Is there such a thing?

(Now I just want the general good fortune to extend to G, who has found a new job to be interested in, a teaching-oriented professorship in a nearby institution available for 2007 - 2008. The job description looks like it was lifted from his CV. They say they'll consider a Ph.D. candidate near completion, which in a year he will be. Cross your fingers and say your prayers. We need spreading serendipity.)

6 comments:

Julie said...

Congrats on the blessings. And good luck!!

SalGal said...

That's amazing that the effect from the neurofeedback is productive so quickly! Awesome things, Banana. Awesome things. ((((hugs))))

Bek said...

Wow...that is wonderful. What is neuro feedback? I am sorry that I don't know this but it sounds like what ever it is, it is working.

Glad things are getting better at your house...and excited about what the next months will bring your family....

Unknown said...

Thanks to allaya!

Bek, there are a couple of links explaining neurofeedback in my 9/21 post.

Julie said...

I'm trying to find your e-mail on your web page and can't! Will you e-mail me? rarelyhomemom@gmail.com (when I e-mail you back, it will be from julie(lastname)@gmail.com - just so you know it's not spam.

Kristine said...

I am grateful that you have seen blessings so readily with the neurofeedback.

It's amazing to have so many things "right" at the same time.

You certainly deserve it though!