Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Two-pronged update

Current kids:
I talked to my mom Saturday. It turns out that the trip they were going to take the kids on next week (to Steamboat Springs CO) would cost way more than they thought (they thought the kids could do activities for free while my dad has his meetings, but the kids activities would come to like $300) ... so we are going to beautiful Winnemucca on Saturday to pick up the kids (meeting them halfway). I am actually ready to see them ... miss my crazy boys.

Future kids:
I was in a meeting last week sitting by one of my co-workers ... the nicest man, about my dad's age. He was adopted as a baby and we have talked about adoption before. He asked me about my adoption plans ... I told him about my interest in adopting from Africa and the challenge of saving up the money to do it. Then I started telling him about a family from church who just took placement of an adorable 9yo boy through the foster care system and are hoping to adopt him. This guy pulls out of his pocket the card of the executive director of one of the foster programs up in Sacramento. "I had this in my pocket for a reason," he said. It gave me chills, honestly. I have not called her yet but now my plan is definitely thrown into question. I'm not sure what's supposed to come next.

The good news is when I went to the temple Friday (with my new friend M) I really felt the Spirit, in a way I have not felt it in a while. It's nice to know I still can feel that. Sometimes ... sigh, I wonder about myself. So maybe answers are coming. It's hard to be patient. Probably I need to have a real sit down with DH and tell him I need his help figuring out what to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I highly recommend room 202 at the Model T Quality Inn.

Three queen beds AND a couch!

$66 incl. tax

Bek said...

:-) It will be so fun to see your current kids and I can't WAIT to hear about the future kids...

I am off on Friday...talk to you when I get back..