Monday, June 26, 2006

Ta-ra-ra-BOOM-dee-ay

I taught S the premier school's out song. He can't quit singing it. It's as follows:

Ta-ra-ra-BOOM-dee-ay, we have no school today
Our teacher passed away, she died of tooth decay
We threw her in the bay, she scared the fish away
She's never coming out, she smells like sauerkraut!


He kind of mixes the phrases around and just sings at the top of his lungs however he manages to fit it all together. Brillant! Every child should feel this glee. I'm so glad G is staying home this week. Kids need real summer. Last year mine didn't get that, and yes, I felt guilty. This year, at least for a week, it's swimming and playing video games and begging for jobs to do to earn money. Or rather, the poker chips that pass for currency around this house. Currently my bathrooms are getting cleaned, kid style. This should be interesting.

G is home during the day; today I worked 7 to 4 and then came home take over while he had a meeting with his dissertation advisor.

As for me, I should go make dinner. I'm thinking Caesar pasta salad, maybe with some turkey pepperoni cut up in there. I have some lovely artichoke hearts and olives that I got at the dollar store, not to mention sweet little yellow and green summer squash from my beloved strawberry stand.

Everybody sing, Ta-ra-ra-BOOM-dee-ay! It's summer!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I don't know that song! I feel like I've missed out on subversive childhood norms. My kids do sing the "Row row row your boat...throw the teacher overboard" song, though.

And off topic -- when are you going to post pictures of your painted chairs and table? I want to see!

Unknown said...

Ana-
He is so stinkin' cute!! :P