Monday, June 12, 2006

Thank you, preview, and babies everywhere

This week I was able to transfer $250 from my PayPal account into my adoption savings fund at the local credit union. My total is now about $1750 including money from a tax refund, Mama squirrelling away dollahs, and donations from generous friends and loved ones. A thousand more dollars and I will be calling a homestudy agency to come to our crazy house. I think it could even happen before the end of the summer! Thanks much, blogging friends and tutu buyers!

Coming up:
  • Garage sale June 24 at our house. Furniture, clothing and toys galore. Added bonus of getting unneeded (ahem) treasures out of my little house. Central Californians can donate items to sell.
  • I may also include a bake sale that day if I get my rear in gear and make some goodies. G baked up some wicked good peanut butter brownies last night to take to his home teaching families. I'm thinking of replicating them.
  • Tutus back up on ebay if you're interested. Contact me for other colors.
  • Donations still gratefully accepted -- use the PayPal button at right.
We are going to bring home a litte African brother or sister yet!

Around my blogroll, a couple rounds of congratulations are in order ...

For a touching adoption story (I'm addicted to these) see Tammy's current posts at You Just Never Know Where Hope Might Take Ya. Welcome home, baby J!

And for a touching non-adoption family-building story, check out Tandy's new baby girls at Sunshine Daze. These little sweethearts have a brand new guardian angel in their beautiful grandma who just crossed the veil a few days after they were born. Very sacred, special, hard, important times.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I found your blog through FMH. I'm also an adoptive parent (transracial) and I grew up in Chowchilla, CA. Good luck with raising the money! I know how that goes. My 2nd adoption was my "Pampered Chef" baby (I quit selling as soon as I paid for her).

Anonymous said...

Great idea -- fundraising for adoption! I adopted a 5-year-old girl from Bulgaria 7 years ago, and though I didn't do any fundraising for the adoption, I did some for the orphanage and was amazed at the generosity of my ward and work colleagues. Good luck!! I'm hoping to adopt a second one, so maybe I'll take on the fundraising idea! I couldn't afford it otherwise...