Wednesday, June 21, 2006

How to get along with 16 women

Contrary to what you might think, this is not a polygamy post.

I work in an office with 3 men and 16 women. It's extremely female-friendly and mom-friendly around here. I love it. Nobody wears pantyhose. If I need to go pick up a sick child, everybody understands. If I run out of ibuprofen at a crucial time, I can usually find some within 3 requests.

The men in the office function very well in this estrogen-filled environment. One grew up with several sisters. The other two have daughters.

One man here in particular really has it down, I tell you. In his office are two big jars full of chocolate candy. Peanut M&Ms, almost always. Hershey's miniatures, and kisses almost always. I'm certainly not complaining about that. I love expensive chocolate, too, but I'm no chocosnob. I'll take the sugary Hershey's and M&M/Mars stuff, no problem.

But today, nestled in among the Mr. Goodbars and Krackels, a single Ghirardelli milk chocolate square.

I'll take that, thank you very much.

No comments: