Thursday, June 01, 2006

The first day of June, the last day of school

Today is A's last day in the wonderful little Lutheran preschool he has attended for the last two years. This morning when I went in to give his teacher her UC Merced mug and her copy of Finding Faith in Christ, I cried.

Okay, I am a chronic crybaby. We know this. But I didn't know I was that attached to her.

Maybe I'm not. Maybe I'm just attached to having little kids -- kids too little to go to elementary school -- and after today I can't really say I have that anymore.

S's last day in first grade is tomorrow. I'm taking the day off to volunteer at his field day activities and to pack and prepare for our weeklong vacation with my parents and siblings. Here's hoping six days in the mountains with all the people I love most in the world will cure my kids-growing-up-too-fast malaise.

No comments: