Thursday, June 29, 2006

Trekking

What would make a bunch of Mormon teenagers wear skirts, boots, long sleeves and hats to go hiking midsummer?

Pioneer Trek, of course.

I'm off to trek for the day as soon as my ride gets here. I get to play Mary Goble Pay in a skit, and sing a song for tonight's fireside.

Thankfully, it's just a day trip for me. I won't say I'd make a lousy pioneer -- I think I'd actually make a good one if I had to. But as long as I don't have to, I'll take my comfy bed and hot shower, plentiful food and air-conditioned house. I'll think about my pioneer ancestors as I walk and walk and walk ... on the treadmill.

Report on the day's activities coming tomorrow, I hope. I am also on deadline at work so it might be tight.

1 comment:

Lisa M. said...

I love that. *smile* I hope you take pictures? OR is that forbidden.

Would LOVE to hear about the skit.

I am a pioneer history buff.

Your wit shows.

I love visiting here.