Thursday, October 06, 2005

Sick potato

So is it just me, or is this kind of a sickly child? He is sick all the time, I swear. At least once a month. Usually it's ear infections, which we will certainly discuss at his physical next week. Personally I think he needs tubes. Anyway, today, lucky me, no ear infection. No, no. Today, flu.

This morning he barfed up a bunch of phlegm. So I (bad mommy) thought he was just having a problem digesting all the byproducts of his seasonal allergies. Gave him some allergy medicine and sent him to preschool. Where he barfed up his cantaloupe breakfast. So (very logically) I took him with me to campus to do some media stuff and got him a Pepsi, then back to my office to watch cartoons. Where he barfed up the Pepsi. I feel bad for the custodians, but there wasn't a whole lot I could do. At least it was all Pepsi at that point, not cantaloupe.

On the plus side, I now get to work (blog) from home while he sleeps the afternoon away on the family room couch.

I really hope I do NOT get sick.

Get well soon, potato. Again.

2 comments:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

your day would sound funny if it weren't so sad! I think every mom has had that experience. I had it with my oldest son who complained of being sick and I didn't believe him (thought he just didnt want to go to school) and sent him anyway. I find I apologize frequently to my kids for being wrong. I think I will start a savings account for their future therapy!!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

your day would sound funny if it weren't so sad! I think every mom has had that experience. I had it with my oldest son who complained of being sick and I didn't believe him (thought he just didnt want to go to school) and sent him anyway. I find I apologize frequently to my kids for being wrong. I think I will start a savings account for their future therapy!!