Tuesday, October 11, 2005

New favorite

Despite the title reference to an Allison Krauss song, this post is actually a breathless tribute to a song off the most recent Liz Phair album, which I have just discovered. And all the lyrics.
This would be really the perfect place to start an Internet rumor about Liz becoming a Mormon woman. Doesn't this song sound that way? Read all the way to the end.

You lose your way / You've gotta land / You've gotta make another plan / But sometimes I am too tired

You've gotta smile / You've gotta play / You've gotta work another day / But sometimes I am too tired

You've gotta raise your hand and say I don't understand / But there are days when I'm too tired / There are days when I'm just too tired

And the wind that I'm in / Screams on me (screams on me) / Howls around me (howls around me) / And I feel like I am a naked man / I've got nothing and no one in a stranger's land / And the wind will do me in

Everyday / You've gotta run / You've got a job / You get it done / But sometimes I am too tired

You wanna roll in the grass / Kick your shoes off / Have a laugh / But sometimes I am too tired

I wanna raise my hand and say I don't understand / But there are days when I'm too tired / There are days when I'm just too tired

And the wind kicks in again and says / Lean on me (lean on me) / Rise above me (rise above me) / And it says

Sailor don't leave the channel now / Deep blue rollers are breaking across your bow / And the wind will guide you in

So I went up the mountain / But all I saw was another mountain / So I came down the mountain / And I said, leave me here lord

So I went up the mountain / But all I saw was anouther mountain / So I came down the mountain / And I said, leave me here lord / Leave me in the valley / Let me rest my weary head / Give peace to your survivor / Put all my fears to bed

You lose your way / You've gotta land / You've gotta make another plan / But sometimes I am inspired

You're gonna sing another song / You're gonna right another wrong / And sometimes I am inspired

You're gonna raise your hand and sayI don't understand / There are days when you get an answer / There are days when you find your answer


-- "The Wind and the Mountain"by Liz Phair

No comments: