Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Sick mama

I have not felt really on point since about Saturday. I was at about 60% for 3 days with a slightly sore throat. Yesterday I crashed -- dizzy, broke a sweat standing up to make toast. Stayed home from work. Drank smoothies and tomato soup. I love Campbell's Tomato. Yum.

Today I thought I was feeling better until now, when I started thinking about leaving the house. What I'm leaving for, though, is a doctor's office visit. I'm going to ask for a strep culture. It's been going around.

Anyway, off to take the germy test. I don't know whether to hope it's positive so I can get on antibiotics and feel better quick, or negative so I can get on some DayQuil and get back to work ...

This made me smile this morning, though. Go here to get your very own advertising slogan made with your name. I am Lipsmackin' Thirstquenchin' Acetastin' Motivatin' Goodbuzzin' Cooltalkin' Highwalkin' Fastlivin' Evergivin' Coolfizzin' Ana. Somebody like that can't stay sick for too long.

9 comments:

Bek said...

Sorry you are sick. I hate the twilight zone of sickness where you feel totally fine until about an hour into the day or when you actually stand up and start to move...then the sickness decides to manifest itself.....

Feel better

SalGal said...

Aww... I hope it's strep so you can get better quick, too! It probably is. I ended up with it a couple of weeks ago, although I'm not sure how...

(((hugs)))

Unknown said...

Thanks ladies. It's not strep, which means I can look forward to feeling yucky for another couple of weeks. Fabulous ...

Utahdoula said...

So sorry you're sick, Ana. Hope you heal quickly!

Unknown said...

Hey, utahdoula! Are you who I think you are??? Did we meet at Liberty Park one semi-chilly day? Your "blog" isn't helping me figure it out!

Anne said...

Oh no...I'm so sorry! I hope you feel better soon!

(((HUGS)))

Utahdoula said...

Yup, that's me. I asked where you'd been a while back, and someone passed on your blog address. I've enjoyed hearing how you are.

SalGal said...

Ok, how did you get that slogan thing to make you so cool? It just gives me lame ones like, "Got Sally?"

Lisa M. said...

Ah, get feeling better soon!

how did the hair cut turn out?