Thursday, April 20, 2006

Harbinger

This certainly warrants a second post for the day ...

I was driving to a birthday lunch for all those born in April -- mostly the rockin' awesome 55+ crowd from my ward. I'm not kidding; I love these ladies. On the way, I saw the most glorious sight:

MY STRAWBERRY STAND IS OPEN!

Just in time for my 32nd birthday next week. Good gift! Shortcake is on the menu for this Sunday! Or maybe pie ... mmmmmm, pie!

Also, I found a fabulous post about a tri-tip dinner in the Central Valley. Go see. If it doesn't make you hungry, just think about adding a big slice of fresh strawberry pie with whipped cream for dessert. And if that doesn't make you hungry, you are really not normal!

2 comments:

SalGal said...

I don't like you anymore. Our strawberries have been crap this year. I think Watsonville got the crap kicked out of it with all that rain we had.

See you soon!

Allison said...

Oh. My. That post you linked to has me feeling carnivorous. It's the last photo that's really the clincher.

Our strawberries are growing pretty well (I planted some as groundcover by our tea olive shrubs), but every time a few start looking delicious and nearly ripe, they disappear. Prime suspects are my dog and my two year old, although my six year old could also be the culprit. I'm watching them more closely, but somehow it keeps happening.