Thursday, April 20, 2006

But I'm really a ...

This week I took Monday and Tuesday off work. I didn't go out of town, I didn't have any major projects planned, but the kids have spring break this week and I wanted them to have at least a sample of what a school vacation is really supposed to be like. So we spent two days at home, playing. Can I just say, I LOVE doing this, now that Sam's ADHD is more under control ... we made models of Saturn with styrofoam balls and paper plates. We went to the library. We had friends over. (And I got all the fairy crowns almost done for Saturday. Just a bit more work tonight and I'll be set ...)

Then yesterday was one of those catch-up days at work. You know how you pay the price for your vacation? It stinks. I was so busy.

This morning I rode the elevator up to the third floor (shut up, I was tired and I didn't want to take the stairs, OK?) with an older gentleman. I introduced myself. He told me he was a Spanish instructor for the university. "But I'm really a lawyer," he said.

So hi, I'm Ana. I'm a communications officer. But I'm really a mommy.

1 comment:

SalGal said...

Hi, I'm Sally. I'm a mommy, but I'm really a professional vacation-taker.