Friday, November 18, 2005

I'm bound for the promised land

Okay, it's just Utah. But we are going for a whole week and I'm so jazzed! So I thought for the blog today I would make a list of things I am looking forward to, things I love about Utah, not in any particular order.

  1. Seeing my parents and all 5 of my siblings (!!!) and my fabulous nephew Noah
  2. Mom's Thanksgiving cooking
  3. Mom's everyday cooking
  4. A non-flat horizon (the Wasatch! Hurray!)
  5. Checking on my little pink house
  6. Visiting the Brickyard Ward
  7. Getting together with friends
  8. Fairmont Pool
  9. Crownburger
  10. Red Butte Cafe
  11. Lighting up Temple Square
  12. Nordstrom Rack (yes, they have one in Fresno ... but that's an hour away, and yes, you can shop Nordy's sales online but it is just not the same)
  13. Husband's joy at being able to run on the Shoreline Trail and snowshoe in Millcreek Canyon (he needs a psychological boost, and I'm seriously hoping this will do it)
  14. Needing a really warm coat
  15. The awesome playground on the west side of Liberty Park, where we will go to play no matter HOW cold it is
  16. The End on the radio -- I got sick of it when I lived there but I hope they are still playing that odd blend of Utah and the '80s!
  17. D.I. shopping with my expert mother
  18. Turning from northbound I-15 onto eastbound I-80 and making the merge so perfectly that I feel like I own the freeway
  19. Taking my kids to see my alma mater (and checking out the new construction there myself!)
  20. Watching my parents spoil my kids

Bon voyage to me! I'll try to check in from the fam's house!

5 comments:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Welocm to the greatest state in the west! I feel the same about it as you! I am origionally from Oregan and it took me until I married my husband to appreciate the rugged beauty of Utah. You can't compare I have learned. every place has something beautiful to offer. Sometimes lots to offer! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Be safe! You'll all come back refreshed and ready for the sun!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ana! Interesting blog. I can't find your email anywhere to contact you, but you might be interested in this opportunity if you didn't already hear about it:
http://forums.adoption.com/showthread.php?t=223988

They're paying bloggers to get passionate about adoption issues. Sounds right up the alley of a writer like you.

Anyway, about Utah, I just cracked up at the one about the unusual blend of 80s and Utah. So very true! Going home is great, even if you didn't like it so much when you were living there. I don't know if you liked living there or not, but I know that I personally couldn't handle being in Utah very longterm. LOL.

Kerri
kerrijeansmith@aol.com

cmhl said...

oh, that sounds like fun! have a GREAT week!

Lisa said...

Hey Ana! That is so funny that you mentioned "The End". It is my favorite radio station, and I mentioned it on my blog the other day... http://somewhereonlyweknow2.blogspot.com/
Just letting you know it is still there, but they changed the frequency :)
Lisa