Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Blog brag antidote

So the blog's been a little braggy lately. (I have a new sweater! I made this awesome food! Blah blah blah!) When I think about reasons for that I am honestly not sure whether I have just been feeling good, or whether I have some deep-seated need to bolster my self-esteem. Either way I think it's been getting a little obnoxious for all two of my readers.

So here are some true confessions about me as an incompetent mother, etc.

Sam has a big hole in his Spider-Man tennis shoe. It has been there for a week. I have not had time to go shoe shopping. Fortunately we were able to drag out his Spider-Man rain boots today. It sort of looks like it might rain.

I have been repeatedly telling Abe to suck it up and get it under control. He is a sensitive little guy and I feel bad for trying to curb that. I am just so sick of the crying over every little gosh darn thing. He is jealous about the Spider-Man rain boots. I cannot find the size 13 Old Navy rain boots that Sam wore when he was 3 (he's such a bigfoot!). I might have to buy rain boots AND tennis shoes.

I failed to pay tithing first thing this month. Made big payments on the credit cards, totally forgetting about my tenth. Now we have to wait for the deposit from the rental manager in Salt Lake before we can pay. Hate that feeling.

My dear husband finally stepped up and took charge of family home evening last night. This is something I've been wishing for. It was a talk about emergency preparedness, boring as all get out and the kids couldn't sit still. I was mad that he didn't think about that. The poor man can't win with me. And what did we have for treats? Pringles and root beer. Nope, no homemade goodies on weekdays, no can do.

I didn't exercise yesterday. Normally that would not be so bad except I am on a pact with my sister. (However I am now down 4 pounds from the weight I started at just over 2 weeks ago. That's good!!!)

I am totally unfocused at work. Look at me blogging.

I have NADA prepared for Mutual tonight. I could go deeper about my inadequacies in my calling but that will be too depressing, and I really should get back to work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ana, who peed in your Wheaties? You can never be too positive!

Plus, don't even start the inadequacy game. I let Ben go to school with shoes that were held together by a string while I went and ran to pick some up for him. Upon picking him up from school later that day, I learned that the shoes were about 2 sizes too big! But since he'd already worn them, we couldn't take them back so I made him wear them until they just nearly fell apart and I had to bum some money off of my mom to buy him new ones.

Telling kids to suck it up can be a good thing. I wish it worked. Ha ha ha...

Unknown said...

Wheaties? EW! Even without pee! Haha ... No worries, just trying to keep my ego in check, really.

Janet, thanks for reading! I'm gonna blogroll ya!