Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Now reeling in an office near you

After a week on vacation (Disneyland) and a holiday weekend with houseguests, I am back at work.

Once again we had an awesome vacation, and I have to remind myself that staying at home with my kids on an everyday basis was not, is not and never will be the same as taking a vacation with my kids. It was hard to come back into the office today. I have to remind myself I'm doing the right thing here.

I am reading "Eve and the Mortal Journey" by Beverly Campbell for my friend's Deseret Book book club. There's a lot of fluff in there but there's also an amazing passage from President Hinckley that made me cry, expressing his understanding and sympathy for working moms. Maybe tomorrow I will find it and blog about it some more.

For now, I have so stinking much to do, and I'm so tired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ana, I feel for you, I really do. Just yesterday I was having a discussion with my mom about this very issue. I mentioned the article in the Ensign last month about teaching daughters skills on homemaking. My mom reminded me, very lovingly, that I did know how to do the things that were needed to keep a house. I know how to cook, clean, sew, craft, (the last two are definitely not requirements for a homemaker, just added that in). She said that I also have some valuable skills that have helped provide for my family in a way that has been needed during the last few years, and to not beat myself up about not being home. (Easier said than done).

I know we've talked about this before, but I just wanted to add my 2 cents here. I think you are amazing and I admire your talents.

Love, Tandy

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're back!!! Glad you had such a good time. And Ana? Tandy's right. You are so talented and such an amazing mom and homemaker... and a great friend to boot! I'm really looking forward to catching up!
Love, Sal