Friday, February 11, 2005

Food in the meantime

I am ruminating on a post about faith and the workplace. I'm not ready to write it yet.
Homework: Think about the relationship between your faith and your workplace so we can have a good discussion when I get it written!

In the meantime, have some salad. I got a big, gorgeous block of mozzarella from food co-op yesterday and I just had to think of a way to use some of it while it was still sooooo soft and fresh. Luckily I had some ham and pepperoni in the fridge, and a couple of weeks ago I planted a big pot of herbs on my front porch. You know, it' s spring in California. Neener, neener, neener!!!

Mmmmmm.

Chopped Salad of Inspiration

1/2 head greenleaf or romaine lettuce
1/2 c chopped ham
1/2 c chopped turkey pepperoni
1 c cubed very fresh mozzarella cheese
1 c cooked, chilled, drained green beans
2 chopped tomatoes
Other veggies and yummy things if you have them, like peppers, olives, mushrooms ...
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil (more or less to taste)
1/2 tsp chopped fresh oregano

Toss together in a large bowl. Dress with a mixture of

1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
1/4 c balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Garnish with 2 quartered, hard-boiled eggs.

Some parmesan would be good on top if you have it. Some parmesan is always good.

No comments: