Thursday, November 30, 2006

Buckle up, buttercup

We're picking up a baby girl tonight. Her name is Z and she was born yesterday. Obviously doing well since she is ready to be discharged already.

Can I just say I've always wanted a baby girl whose name starts with Z? My great-grandmother's name was Zula, which I think is cool as heck. Or, hecka cool, as my kids would say. Grandma Zu didn't want any kids named after her, but you know, times have changed and Zula and other Z names are not that odd anymore.

Hope baby Z stays with us a bit longer than a day. At the moment, the odds look good.

Can you IMAGINE a GIRL in our family!?!?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! A girl is exactly what your family would love! My thoughts and prayers are with you all. How exciting!! Congratulations!

Bek said...

I was just thinking that same thing "buckle up!!!".

I hope that Z gets to stay with you for awhile.

I have one billion baby girl clothes I can send your way.... if she stays. What do you say? Nori is still in 0-3's...so if Z is TINY I have boxes of preemie stuff that can last for awhile....

I think a girl in your family would be great!!

Did she already have her name? Is that what her mom named her? I always wondered how that worked...

Unknown said...

Yes, her mom gave her the name. I have since learned that it is not spelled the way I would spell it. It's one of your more creative ghetto-fabulous spellings ... ha. Time enough to change that later.

I am getting a big batch of baby girl clothes from a co-worker tonight. Thanks so much, though!

Bek said...

A GIRL!! I can't wait to hear all about it. I wonder if she will come equipped with the "scream of 1,000 demons" that my girls have, but my boy seems to have not inherited.....

Good luck tonight!