Monday, November 27, 2006

Still here

Honestly, it just seems like anything else I post now is going to be kind of a letdown after all that exciting baby drama. We are doing fine, we realize that this is what we signed up for when we chose to become licensed foster parents. It was tough at first but this was really just not the same as losing your own child.

Internally I know I am still processing it. Last night I dreamed that the county called me up and told me that J and his brother were now available for adoption. But even while I was dreaming it I knew it was not real.

We had a lovely weekend with my parents. We visited the zoo in Fresno, the mineral museum in Mariposa, and Yosemite National Park. We played a lot, and I do mean a lot, of Uno Attack. Fun game, that.

Put up the indoor Christmas decorations yesterday. And an artificial tree. I know, I'm a big sellout! But we realized that we will be going out of town for Christmas, and it would be unsafe to leave a real tree up and a bummer to take the tree down before we leave. Outside lights going up tonight.

Other than that, it's just back to our old, everyday challenges. Work and schedules and ADHD. Blah blah, same ol' same ol'.

2 comments:

SalGal said...

A fake tree?


I don't know if we can be friends anymore. Screw the fire saftey issues. This means you'll have it every year now!

(pout)

Unknown said...

Watch out, that's all I can say. It is so pretty and it was so easy. I am being sucked in.

Anyway we figured it would be even more worth it because we are TRAVELING AT CHRISTMAS NEXT YEAR TOO! WOOHOO! You know what I'm talking about!