Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My funny Valentines

Some Valentine's holiday moments from the last couple of days ... with some links to keep you busy for a while.
  • Sam has 7 girlfriends, but his box of Incredibles valentines only had 4 big cards. He had to pare down his list. And he insisted on doing his valentines in private so no one would know which girls he loves. (He's only 6! WAH!)
  • There is a boy in Sam's class that he doesn't get along with. He didn't want to address a valentine to Zachary. I made him do it anyway. But I told him he didn't have to put a sticker on it if he didn't want to. That seemed to satisfy him.
  • Abe (age 4) has 4 girlfriends. "But I don't love them, they just love me," he says.
  • Abe made smiley faces with the heart stickers on his Batman Begins valentines. He loves the Dark Knight but I don't think he quite gets the Dark part of that.
  • Do I need to do something to curb my young ones' polygamist tendencies?
  • I gave the boys yoga mats for Valentine's Day. My primary motivation was to get them to quit crowding my mat when I'm yogaing in the family room. This morning they were so excited to use their new red mats that they did Pilates instead of breakfast. I don't know why it's so cute to see their little boy bodies trying so diligently to follow directions. But it is. They are so eager to do it right!
  • Maybe I should try to be more like a fitness instructor and see if it helps me get more compliance out of my kids. All cheesy smiles and praise. That's probably not a bad idea, but dang, it's hard when you're trying to get dressed in the morning and they're pounding on the door and yelling.
  • I managed to stuff a couple of bites of Eggo in each kid before taking them to school so the candy binge could start.
  • I gave Glenny a couple of bags of chocolates by Chocoholics, the company that makes the yummy body frosting. My main motivation: the packages said you have to share with a willing partner. Chocolate involved? I'm willing, baby!
  • We had a nice dinner out on Saturday. Tonight it's ham sandwiches for all of us, Mutual for me and a temple recommend interview for Glenn. Ah, romance ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMHC! Thankyou thankyou thankyou for linking to that FMH post about... you know (nudge, nudge, wink, wink!). You do not even know what a godsend it is.

Allison said...

That Keep Kids Healthy sight linked from the eggos...? It's run by a couple of docs from the pediatrics practice we go to (in a small, kind of po-dunk Texas suburb). Vincent Ianelli, MD may be our town's most famous person.